Monday, October 12, 2009

Settling Down


Well the typhoon was a bust to say the least. It rained (softly) for about 2 days and there wasn't even any wind! I expect more for the next one, Taiwan!

I am sitting in a train station at the moment; waiting for Angela to come out from her interview. It is in the south part of town but the MRT (metro) only took about 10 minutes to get here. Holding thumbs for her.

We had a small flood in our new apartment today. Apparently the water purifier sprung a leak when both of us were out. It made for slippery tiles and Angela almost wiped out on her back-side when she walked in. No damage though - to Angela or the apartment.

I am only working a few hours a day as I am still waiting for my ARC to be processed. My contract officially begins November 2. Tuesday night I am teaching a full hour class. It is on the numbers (not ordinal) one - five, in front, behind, and a few grammar points relating to those. I.e. There is one tiger in front of the car. Should be interesting. Most of my lessons so far have been 20 - 30 minutes so we'll see how this ones goes. The school I work for, Joy English, stresses that children under 10 should be taught through games. Hence, I spend half my time trying to remember (invent) games from my past: telephone game, throw the sticky ball at a question, playing cards etc. Although the material isn't complicated the hardest part is incorporating learning into the games. I will post some of the games in a future post.

Well my battery is about to die and I need to send off a few emails.

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure your one hour class will be great. I'll try to think of some games :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how difficult it is to remember some of our childhood things....I will ask Jake for some ideas since he falls into the age category. I checked out your photos, they are great. It gives one a real sense of your experiences. Say hi to Angela for me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt - Missing your posts!! Hope you are ok!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers